The Multicultural Transfer Program provides Multicultural Transfer Students with a healthy entry to university life, where they can take advantage of opportunities to network and learn strategies that will help alleviate the cultural stress of acclimating to a new environment.
We Offer All Multicultural Transfer Students:
- One-on-one guidance and advising through our friendly student and professional staff
- Referral to the appropriate resources
- Resources on Financial Concerns & Scholarships, Academic Success, Getting Involved, Counseling and Advisement, Internships, and Future Planning
- Opportunities to connect with students, faculty, staff, community professionals, and alumni
- Overall support through your time at UCF! Our job is to see you succeed!
Multicultural Transfer Student Reception
The Multicultural Transfer Student Reception is held annually at the beginning of the fall semester. All newly enrolled and current transfer students are invited to the welcome reception that focuses on transfer student success. Faculty/staff from all over the university also attend to provide transfer students with a networking opportunity.
We encourage you to attend our monthly Transfer Talk sessions that provide a time and space for transfer students to ask questions, discuss any academic/social challenges they are experiencing, and receive information that will assist them in their transition. It is a great opportunity for you to meet other multicultural transfer students and make connections!
In order to help the greater Multicultural transfer student population at UCF advance with professional and career development, the TIPS program will seek six transfer students for leadership positions. These selected Transfer Leaders will go through an intensive semester long training that will be based on key employer desires such as professional communication, intercultural competency, leadership enhancement, technology proficiency, organization and management understanding and skilled social interaction.